Chapter: Yukon River
Yukon Chapter is all of Alaska north of the Alaska Range that includes boreal forests of white spruce, paper birch, aspen, balsam poplar, black spruce, and tamarack. The chapter is centered around Fairbanks, AK and has active members from the University of Alaska, Tanana Chiefs Conference & Bureau of Indian Affairs, Alaska Division of Natural Resources, US Forest Service, Colorado State University (DoD), Bureau of Land Management, and varying private interest companies/groups.
Yukon Chapter activity throughout the year include a Firewood Cutting Workshop, Tanana Valley State Fair, Arbor Day Tree Planting, Outreach (Outdoor Days, Environothon, & Science Fair Awards), Networking (Northern Forestry Cooperative and SAF State Meeting), and firewood fundraising.
- Regular Chapter Meetings: Each 3rd Thursday October thru May every month at Fairbanks DNR Office, either in the large or medium conference room, off 3700 Airport Way from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Technical Sessions: Every 2nd Wednesday October thru May each month at Fairbanks Roundup Steakhouse, upstairs room, off 2701 South Cushman Street from 6:00-7:00pm (worth 0.5 CFEs each!).
- Alaska SAF State Meeting: April 11-14 in Ketchikan, AK.
- Tanana Valley State Fair: Yukon River SAF booth, August TBD.
- Firewood Workshop: Fairbanks, February TBD
Tom St. Clair
Adam Davis, CF
Dan Rees, CF
John Maisch, CF
- Yukon River Chapter SAF Annual Report - 2012 [pdf]
- Yukon River Chapter SAF Annual Report - 2013 [pdf]
- Yukon River Chapter December 2015 Technical Session Presentation [pdf]
- Yukon River Chapter SAF Annual Report - 2014 [pdf]