Chapter: University of Idaho Student Chapter
The University of Idaho has an active student chapter with approximately 15 current members. The Chapter hosts graduate student presentations on forest management and research topics. Most recently, a dozen UI SAF students focusing on Forest Operations attended the Oregon Logging Conference
- A proposal was passed to refund half the cost of the plane tickets.
- Receipts should go to Brian Mumby.
- A subcommittee is working on thank you letters for donations.
Inland Empire Conference
- A budget request and the club of the year form have been submitted.
- Friday will be indoor presentations and Saturday will include a field tour.
International Forestry Speakers
- On Thursday, Nov. 7th at 6 pm in CNR 10, two visitors from Spain will discuss afforestation efforts in the Mediterranean region.
- Rings are free for SAF members who are graduating.
- People who want one and are graduating this semester need to figure out their ring size.
- The bookstore or a local jeweler might be able to do that.
- Preorders will begin next week—maybe at the presentation on Thursday.
- Wreath-making is on Dec. 7th and distribution will occur on the following Monday.
- Material collection is weather-dependent but is tentatively planned for Dec. 6th.
- Cones could be collected from the school forest (maybe on Saturday, Dec. 9th).
- There was an idea to hold meetings in the CNR LLC living room to make it easier for residents to be involved.
- I’ll find out if that will work.
Student Member of the Year
- The online poll had few responses and was not anonymous, so the club voted during the meeting with whoever was present.
- Josh Larsen was voted as student of the year.
Jacob Vail, Chair
Pat Mahoney, Vice-Chair
Brian Mumby, Treasurer
Kevin Fuchs, Secretary
Bill Sweeney, Webmaster
Cole Lindsay and Andrew Hall, SAC Representatives
Ron Mahoney, Faculty Advisor