American Tree Farm System is looking for new inspectors in Oregon! Please register and share with your forester colleagues.
American Tree Farm System is a free forest certification opportunity for small private forest landowners. Forest certification is the certification of land management practices to a standard of sustainability. The American Tree Farm System certifies forest management to eight standards of sustainability.
By becoming an inspector you can help American Tree Farm System (ATFS) get more good forestry on more private acres by becoming a volunteer inspector. You can engage more landowners in the practice of sound, sustainable forestry. It's important to teach landowners how to manage their forests wisely, so that future generations will enjoy all the benefits of healthy forests.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN ATFS VOLUNTEER INSPECTOR:
· SAF approved CFE credits for Tree Farm workshop
· the opportunity to participate in the annual Wesley R. Meier National Outstanding Tree Farm Inspector of the Year recognition program
· recognition for bringing new Tree Farms into ATFS through Tree Farm's Hard Hat awards
· a free subscription to Tree Farmer, the Guide to Sustaining America's Family Forests Magazine
· an invitation to the Annual National Tree Farmer Convention
· information on ATFS programs and other forestry-related news through ATFS's inspector newsletter, SightLine
· a Tree Farm Inspector Certificate and wallet card